PIPL Information Center
You should get started, and soon, on your China PIPL first steps of the planning process. Some suggested steps you can do now:
- Map & identify your data, fields, legal bases, etc.
- Map out data handling processes
- Identify any off-shore data transfers
- Idenify vendors, such as email vendors, and sub-handling
- Identify 3rd parties, such as marekting parnters
- Create or update notices
- Identify & understand existing & future cookie policies
- Identify automated processing that may fall under PIPL
- Plan consent requirements and getting consent process, tools, vendors, etc.
- Start and prioritize technology projects and planning for PIPL compliance
- Plan how individual will exercise their rights for view, correct, delete, etc.
- Plan internal staff, team, and vendor training
- Update existing and template contracts for vendors, partners, etc.
- Setup data retention policies and technical means to purge and delete’
- Identify if you need a privay protection officer
- Plan how you’ll audit and report your activities and processing under the PIPL
Get going on your China PIPL first steps today.